View Single Post
Old 17-03-02, 10:24 PM   #3
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Default Either or...

After reading some posts on an independent Grokster Forum (their Official site is now censored) they went through a similar experience to what the Morpheus users did - Around the end of February anyone who hadn't already Upgraded to Grokster 1.5 suddenly couldn't connect any more... Very similar story, except they actually had an upgrade to download.

As you say on your site (and I have told others) you can have more then one FastTrack client installed - and they won't interfere with each other.

Here is a post I replied to at Zeropaid concerning this topic:

Quote:
Original Post by Buzz

Quote:
Original Post by Doglore
Choosing between Grokster and iMorpheus.

---Morpheus problem with disconnect from fasttrack.
Someone has hacked the Morpheus registry to make it independant of KaZaa tinkering (per previous post here). Apparently this works.

---Grokster issue with spyware.
Someone has hacked the spyware architecture to leave Grokster without spyware (see posts on the Grokster forum).

My question is: Since spyware is not an issue, what are the pros/cons to going with each of these filesharing options?

I've switched to Grokster and found it is working just like the old Morpheus. Do I need to be loyal to the new 'independant' Morpheus (iMorpheus)? I like the idea of a truly independant option but there will always be a need for support. What happens with the next iMorpheus problem? Right now there is no support, even from Streamcast.
There never was any support from MusicCity\StreamCast. They used to have a Discussion Board where other users would help out, but they pulled the plug on that (with no warning). The same users are around to help you both here and at Morpheus @ www.ezboard.com a site started and frequented by some of the same users who were on the old MusicCity Forum.
And the Grokster Forum is previewing posts and blocking anything "inappropriate" even if it does help!

Quote:
My main priority is to find the files I want and share popular files in return. I won't go to Gnutella cuz it only has music files and I wont go to KaZaa cuz I think they are responsible for the Morpheus demise.
What do I do man! I'm torn! Tell what to do!
You can install both - despite what both the KaZaA & Grokster sites tell you they won't overwrite each other. If you use the same shared folder then while you use iMorpheus it can put its kazaadownload.dat files in there. If you later start Grokster instead it will use them plus it's own download.dat files (which iMorpheus can't see)
Which program to actually use?
iMorpheus has a lot fewer users\files (but it's growing) The more people who use it the bigger we will get...
Grokster has access to it's own users plus those from KaZaA & iMesh resulting in a much larger user base...
I can't tell you what you should do, but like I said I use both (just not at the same time)
The important thing is the support is here with your fellow users, not on some Company Forum or Board.
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote