View Single Post
Old 31-12-06, 12:41 PM   #31
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Saddam was hagned on the same day that the christians consider the good friday.
No.

In Western Christianity Good Friday occurs between March 20 and April 23. It is the Friday that preceeds Easter Sunday. Good Friday commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus, God's son sacrificed so that the sins of mortals be absolved.

The exact date of the crucifixion of Jesus is not known and can not be accurately calculated from information in the Scriptures.

In 2006, Good Friday occurred on April 14. In 2007 it will be on April 6.

There is no Western religious significance to the day of Saddam's execution.

There is religious significance to the day for Muslims. It involves the test of Abraham by God.

Added in Edit:

I'll have to agree that the video is far less than expected. One would think that if they wanted to video an execution of that magnitude, they had better means available than they used.

You do see the rope go taught when Saddam drops. We do see in news photos what certainly appears to be a dead Saddam.

They probably are being vague about his grave site in order to prevent it from being disturbed. As we know, lots of Iraqis hated Saddam. I would not describe it as "thick with fakery" unless fakery is shown or proven.

It may have just been haste. They were obviously anxious to carry out the execution, and had faced a number of delays. They may have feared additional delays and/or disruption of the execution by sectarian violence. They also wanted the execution to coincide with a religious holiday. When the opportunity arose, they hastily carried out the execution.

At least the length of fall was apparently calculated properly, according to the witness accounts Saddam was instantly killed.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.

Last edited by Drakonix : 31-12-06 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Add Comment
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote