Thread: just a story...
View Single Post
Old 21-01-03, 11:27 AM   #1
nanook
just one of the gang...

NoSmiley just a story...

believe it or not, i have found that there r still many people out there just beginning their journey into the world of music trading.
i find this funny because i have never actually met one in real life.
i was shocked to say the least.

even funnier is that they talk on the subject with such a pompous attitude.....as if it were a just realized subject and they were now the expert and if i needed to know anything, to just ask them.
lmao.

anyhoo....this is a lady from my place of work, at lunchtime.
she has informed me that they just got their computer and that they have a dsl connection and that they use kazaa.
and that i couldn't believe all of the songs they r getting.
i told her that i use winmx.

she informed me that she is being restricted in her dl/uling.
i said, "yeah it's going that way, but that i have dial-up and am not restricted." we go on about the differences between dial-up and say dsl or cable.
i inform her how i can only download about one song in 15-20 min. and that i allow 2 uploads in the meantime. i then tell her that it must be nice to download like 30 songs at once, like some of the people uploading from me.
she says, "oh i do that."

she says, "oh, but they r limiting me to yadayadayada, and that's plenty of space for all the songs she wants or needs."
i say, "that's cool."

she then goes into more description of the limits on her dl/uling.
and that she is being charged extra for the uploads on top of her downloads.
since i have no experience in this limitation, i asked if the charge didn't include both in the price they ask her.
she said no and that is why she won't allow anyone to upload from her.
i said, "WHAT?"
she says, "yeah, i just click "do not share" and then i don't have to worry about anyone uploading from me and i don't have that extra cost."

i'm like, "hey, u know that this all about sharing and that u take a chance of being cut off because of that. u also realize that u r getting all of that music for free, hence the small charge the isp gives u surely makes up for the difference."
i then told her that in the big world of p2p trading that she is mos def considered a leech and not usually welcome.

of course she laughs this off. i mean she is pro. and she continues on about her lunch as if i said nothing at all.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote