View Single Post
Old 29-04-06, 10:24 AM   #15
dumwaldo
some old putz

The United States of America was founded by immigrants. That being the case, one could argue that the foundation of the USA is immigration. At the very least, immigration is a profoundly important part of our society.

The problem is not with the people that are coming to america, the problem is with a system that has broken down to the point that it has failed them. I do not see the solutions to America's immigration woe's in attacking the immigrants. I believe the solution is in stricter and stronger laws against the people that profit from the opression of immigrants.

Slumlords that 'turn a blind eye' to 15 and 20 people sharing a single bedroom living space need to be held accountable. Companies that employ immigrant labor for unreported cash wages need to be held accounatble. 'People smuggling' orginazations that dump unprepared and ill informed people on american shores need to be held accountable.

More than any of the above, the United States Department of Immigration and Naturalization needs to be held accountable for a system that has convoluted itself so much that legal immigration is an impossibility for some despite years or even decades of vigilante attempts.

The borders are not the problem. What happens to millions of immigrants once they cross the border is the problem. If these willing spirits were embraced rather than greeted with hostility and bureaucracy, there would be far fewer people working for sub standard wages only to send the money out of the country to support a family they can not bring here.

Peace out,
dumwaldo