View Single Post
Old 11-01-03, 04:09 PM   #12
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
i don’t know. i think the whole thing’s a ruse. ......

don't buy into their self-serving arguments. they sell you 10/1 or 1500/128 and that's what you should get. ......

if enough people cancel when capped then capping will go the way of the altair.

- js.
My sentiments exactly. ISP's who cap or charge for bandwidth use must have taken the same business classes as the RIAA.

When you pay for an internet pipe that gets 1500/128 you should get it and be able to use it as you please.

ISP's are probably feeling the squeeze because they have been ripping commercial accounts huge sums for T1 (and faster) broadband. The 1500/128 ADSL is just as fast as T1 downstream, only the upstream speed cap separates a $39.95 a month ADSL from $1200 a month T1.

They are already playing a numbers game by stealing some bandwidth from each customer and selling it to someone else. I used to get 1500/128 - they "re-optimized" it and now I get about 800/120. Since the minimum warrantied speed is 384 down complaining will do no good.

Things change, it's not consumer's fault if the ISP had an inflexible, crappy business plan. They wanted the business - they got it as consumers demand broadband access. They slashed prices to gain market share and attract new accounts. It worked.

They seem to be forgetting that the demand for broadband (what they sell) is largely driven by folks who want fast connections (and heaven forbid to use them).

It's a ruse big time - driven by the rosy ramrod of greed.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote