View Single Post
Old 15-10-04, 10:24 AM   #20
pisser
Guv

muhaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmooky007
cars in europe have smaller engines than american cars so even 60 miles a day shouldn't be a problem. on average most euro cars are 1.2 or 1.4. you yanks and your hummers $6 of fuel won't get you out of the driveway. i really don't understand why we in canada have to pay high prices for oil. we have plenty of oil reserves.
Well thats a nice view, but don't be so ignorant. Not every american has a hummer, or wants one, I drive a compact car with a 4 cylinder engine, that gets pretty good gas mileage, but really what this is about is the economy.
Since 2/3 of the economy is generated by consumer spending, the higher gas prices take away disposible income from most families, therefore hurting the economic growth of the country.

I don't expect 50 cents a gallon gas, but it needs to be a little more reasonable, also, here in California, most people have to commute longer distances to work, because of the geographic layout of Southern California, so cars are not really a luxury, but a necessity.

Frankly, Bush doesn't give a shit about the average (read, middle class) families of America, just his rich oil buddies, that's why I say, throw the bum out!
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote