View Single Post
Old 15-01-02, 04:45 PM   #18
zombywoof

Default Re: I hear ya JS

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod
Glad there's a safe place to come to, I was feeling pretty homeless for a while there. Being new and knowing a couple people here is a bonus!

Gets a bit crazy here at times but in the peer-peer forums there are discussions on various p2p platforms.

As far as sc is concerned, I'm afraid they have a lesson or two to learn: "What goes up, must eventually come down".

Not Really. They know what they are doing. Napster did basically the same thing with their forums when the heat was on them in the courtroom.

I finally dl'd that pdf file off the eff site - RIAA/Grokster complaint. I saw they even brought up the discussion boards and chatrooms being used as a way to advertise filenapping.

I don't really follow the day-day goings on with musiccity and streamcast but it makes sense that by shutting down the board, they want to cover their tracks

So, I'm starting to believe that they've shut down the boards because of the court proceedings - still, it's no excuse for slapping everyone in the face the way they have. No warnings or anything, just one post deletion after another and if that's how they treat they're users, I can't even begin to imagine how they'd treat their "customers" - blech! GR wants no parts of that.

No, they are not worried about a message board and the people who use them because they are in court and if/when they go to a pay service the only customers they will be concerned with will be the subscription paying ones. In the end, it will be the computer novice that will pay. Not the people who do a little digging and know about all the other peer-peer apps.

Thank goodness there's a huge variety of programs out there and a gal can still get her 'fix' when the mood strikes her!

Yes there are.

I've got a lot of reading to do on these boards - I really think I'm gonna love it here.
GR

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by zombywoof : 15-01-02 at 04:50 PM.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote