View Single Post
Old 10-09-04, 11:39 AM   #11
daddydirt
even the losers

miss silver, when i recommended this book to malvachat, i did so with the hope that he will take the time and effort to actually read the book, learn something new perhaps, and when finished, decide for himself whether or not he agrees or disagrees with some or all of the premises set forth in the book.

i don't know about you, but before reading any serious book i try to keep an open mind, putting aside any predjudices i may have formed beforehand about the author or the opinions of someone reviewing and critiquing it.

if going to a web site and reading what someone else thinks is good enough for you, then i believe 'you can do better'. (paraphrasing my current favorite politician)

as for alan dershowitz, if all you know about him is that he defended o.j. simpson, perhaps you could go here , where you might be surprised to find you have a lot more in common with him than you think.

btw, i believe a criminal defense attorney is obligated to do his best to get the defendant acquitted, what he personally believes about his client's guilt or innocence is irrelevant.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote