View Single Post
Old 10-09-04, 04:54 AM   #6
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
True enough, but sadly, the word terrorisim or just terror justify all these things. I feel for those family who lost a young loved one but hey, the same thing happened in the vietnam war, even tho it was never justified.

Yes they were, so are the kids in Darfour who are daily getting murdered for the color of their skin.

ever think of those poor saps in the third world, they die everyday and need no terrorist of to do so, they only need big power corp to do the job

miss silver, wouldn't you agree with me that it is hard to justify any war? The war in vietnam was in a different time, when the cold war was at a peak (hardly justifiable i know) but the world political situation was a different one than the one we are having right now.

yes i have thought about those poor saps in the third world and i was under the impression that those kids in dafour are not only killed for the colour of their skin but that the religious militia responsible for those attacks are backed by the army of the current regime. To invade the country in question would be nothing more than another vietnam, yugoslavia or iraq for it is still an internal/civil '''''war''''' within a souvereign state

I agree jack, however i don't think you would say the same thing when a group of iraqis would hijack a U.S. high school, blowing more than 100 American kids to smithereens because they had to suffer MORE than 10 years of sanctions against their fellow country men while being bombed from time to time throughout those years.
i think if we take a hard and long look at the situation during those years i think we come to see a death toll higher than the amount of victims that have fallen in this war so far. In our name by the way coz those sanctions were implemented (<-- did i spell that right?) by the united nations