Thread: Several things
View Single Post
Old 26-07-01, 09:11 PM   #2
JackSpratts

Default Re: Several things

Quote:
Originally posted by WizzOzz
Hi.

Out of accident I discovered that the zeropaid forum is still running. They obviously changed to a new board.

Under the winmx one I found Jack fighting with something called TrippyMX. Whats this thing?

I also cut down my p2p spent time the last weeks. Are there any news about a new version out? Anything? The homesite doesnt seem to be updated since version 2.6.

Hows the new morph version developing? Breakthrough or as many customers as before?

Hope to get some news

WizzOzz
it's all over WizzOzz, you missed it. just another minor altercation on the p2p front.

a guy wrote an app that loads more opennap servers into winmx, a "lot more" according to him. so i tried it. big mistake. it deleted ALL my regular servers and wouldn't allow thier reinstalation, under any condition, including uninstall/reinstall of winmx and a windows me system restore. turns out it's happened to others also so i've been advising people to stay away from it and this has angered his buds. they think it's the best app in history and if it conflicts with your system it's because you f-cked it up. no other reason possible.

well i've been "openly exploring other reasons" and the cranky kids are getting apoplectic. but they're beginning to dimly see my point of view now so it's all cool. just stay the f-ck away from trickymx or load it only if you're planning a complete system rewrite in the very near future. ultimately i think i'm going to have to re-register with a different screen name to get beyond this.

meanwhile morph is plugging along, 500,000+ users and working well for most people but proving buggy for many. no updates in sight but it has begun to attract media attention with some refering to it as the new napster. time will tell.

i've been talking to a contract developer in europe, trying to delve deeper into what is a very complex and mysterious program from a complex and secretive company. four companies actually. i have learned one bit of irrelevency: fasttrack, the licensor, is being run not from the netherlands where everyone says it is but by two guys in sweden. is that important? not especially, but it is indicative of how opaque and dicey the info is that surrounds this app (and share progs in general). there are obvious reasons for it but still, it's kind of counter-productive ultimately. we're talking about file SHARING afterall...

- js.