Thread: absolute power
View Single Post
Old 28-09-05, 01:18 PM   #13
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
You'd love to think that all Republicans are as corrupt as Tom Delay, wouldn't you? Are Democrats any better? Do you actually feel better about your country knowing that your elected leaders are criminals?

I hope for America's sake that nobody considers these events to be good things just because they're happening to the party in power. Your gloating turns my stomach, knife, you should be mourning.
understandable you'd be bitter - you voted for this crew, so they're your elected leaders. but this event is, in fact, a very positive sign for the country. Delay's brand of pay-to-play politics was particularly egregious - and it required the cooperation of many of his fellow GOP congressman to be effective. if this indictment restores even a shred of ethical conciousness to the House, it's a good thing.

are the Dems any better? probably not - but they haven't been calling the shots for the last five years, so they really aren't the issue. google the "K Street project" and learn what your elected leaders have created in Washington in the last 5 years.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote