View Single Post
Old 04-03-04, 09:42 AM   #44
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

The above quote was taken as a 'Bushism' so I wouldn't read too much into it.

You mention money (and, ergo, the economy). Over the past few weeks, I've read, seen and heard conflicting reports on the state of the US economy. Seems like on the one hand, the claim is that things are peachy and on the up... on the other hand, there's a big prediction of doom and gloom.

I can accept that this is part-and-parcel of predicting the economy - conflicting reports are natural, but there are also a number of reports suggesting something more deeply disturbing.

I read recently that at it's current levels, (assuming service on debt goes up a mere ¼ of 1 percent per year), by the year 2011, 100% of the revenue the Government receives will go straight to the holders of US debt instruments. In other words, debt repayment will exceed revenue.

I can accept that this is a shitty source, but I'd like to know people's opinions on it - realistic or rubbish?

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote