View Single Post
Old 19-07-04, 01:46 PM   #19
shepdog

Default Mazer, uhmm, Maze.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Hey, I like your attitude and I'm excited about the project. Does it have a name yet?
Thanks for your encouragement. I am very excited about the possibilities as well. To such an extent I have to be careful at work because I find myself thinking about it all the time.

As for the name, right now my wife is calling it my white whale ( Hey don't even go there. lol). I haven't picked a name for it yet but the networking concepts used by the app is based upon the thesis of Sean Blanchfield from Dublin University in which he called the concept 'Lattice'. As a matter of fact there is an open source project named 'The Lattice' that hasn't went anywhere that is also based upon the thesis. I don't like that name and wouldn't want to step on Sean's toes so I am looking for another name. The reason why the name is 'Lattice' is because that is how the network is organized. In a lattice like fashion. I am always open to suggestions for the name, but I will have something before it is released. As for the Maze -> Mazer convertation I don't know what to say except, okay.

Thanks to everyone for all their input. The ball is rolling and we are going to have new P2P application by the end of the year, at least a first cut of one.

John
shepdog is offline   Reply With Quote