View Single Post
Old 17-07-04, 08:30 PM   #11
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Nah it seems more like he's looking for ways to compensate his own work on the program, allowing him to spend less time at his square job and more time coding. In that case Jack's suggestion makes more sense, a one time fee, no limited subscriptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepdog
4.) I think that this question will receive the most push back since I am asking this on a forum whos users use a free P2P application. I have a full time job that pays my bills and keeps a roof over my head but because of that I can't spend the amount of time in the development of this application as I would like or it deserves. I would love to work on it full time. What, do you feel, people could stomach paying for such and application? And what do you feel it would take for you to pay for such and application?
Shep, the price you charge, if you choose to do so, will depend on the program's popularity, and thus the amount of content that's available. To do that you want to keep the price very low to attract the largest number of people. There are some who won't pay anything, and there are some who would pay up to $15 or maybe even $20. I'd suggest keeping the price below $5, perhaps as low as $.99. Ship the program with a shareware licence, a 15 day free trial with full program functionality, at the end of which registration would be required, and hook your users that way. If your network builds a reputation for high quality files, short queues, and a lot of variety then you'll attract every kind of p2p user, even the ones reluctant to pay for it will eventually join in. One dollar may seem kinda low, but imagine if five or ten thousand people joined your network...
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote