View Single Post
Old 16-07-04, 12:57 PM   #1
shepdog

Default I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this...

I have been a WinMX user for a couple of years now. True WinMX is flying under the radar right now but with the RIAA systematic attack on file sharing it is only a matter of time before it becomes one of their targets.

Having said that I would like to ask your opinions as P2P users about features you would like to see in a P2P application. My reasoning behind this is because I am a developer and I am in the process of creating a new P2P application that is fully decentralized, scalable, anonymous, and secure. I am about 50% of the way to creating a usable client and it's time to start thinking about feature sets.

Questions:

1.) What is important to you in a P2P application? This could be any feature that you are currently using or have used. Such concrete things as chat, built in media organizers, built in media players, multi-source downloading, autoresume downloading, but can also include more subjective things such as better search results, d/l speed etc. Could you please prioritize your responses. I am a sole developer and I am trying to prioritize my development efforts. The reason why I worded this question this way will become clear in #3.

2.) How important is cross platform capabilities to you?

3.) What are the dream features that you would like to see. Let your mind run here. If you could build the perfect P2P client, what features not included in question #1 would it have?

4.) I think that this question will receive the most push back since I am asking this on a forum whos users use a free P2P application. I have a full time job that pays my bills and keeps a roof over my head but because of that I can't spend the amount of time in the development of this application as I would like or it deserves. I would love to work on it full time. What, do you feel, people could stomach paying for such and application? And what do you feel it would take for you to pay for such and application?

5.) Considering question #4 response, would there be any developers that would be interested in helping in the endeavor or creating the next generation P2P file sharing app?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my questions.

John
shepdog is offline   Reply With Quote