View Single Post
Old 13-05-05, 08:19 PM   #12
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
"Take Action"

Sure, just let me put some finishing touches on my time machine and we'll go back and stop the war from happening. But if anyone has any reasonable suggestions for "action" I'm willing to hear them. Other than signing petitions and complaining loudly, what are we hoping to accomplish here?

how about some accountability?

if the Downing St. memo is accurate (and the British government says it is), then we have a president who took us to war under false pretenses with fake documents and bogus evidence, misused the intelligence, repeatedly lied about his intentions, grossly underestimated the cost, miscalculated the opposition, and completely failed to plan for the aftermath of the invasion - all of this at a cost of thousands of US casualties and billions of dollars.

should there be no accountability for the gross incompetence (at least), if not dishonesty, of your leaders? how many US soldiers have to get killed for this lie (about 1600 so far - that's one thousand and six hundred Americans, kids most of them) before otherwise decent people like yourself say "enough"? the cost is going to top $500 billion by 2010 (that's half a trillion dollars) - money incompetently committed under false pretenses....do you really think no one should ask how "how the f@$k did we did get here?"

specifically, the entire iraq fiasco should be publicly dissected and investigated with a fine-tooth comb, if for no other reason than to ensure that it never happens again like this. and if there are impeachable offenses here, then so be it.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote