View Single Post
Old 24-04-03, 01:17 PM   #5
JackUzi
Power and Glory

"Ride With Us"-Turbonegro...Da best rock n' roll band on the planet...and they're from Norway!I enthuse about 'em here...

http://b00mb0x.org/front/2003_03.html

"Assassins"-Lightning Bolt...I dunno these guys are v. noisy and obnoxious but pretty accessible at the same time too I think. Worth a download. I luv 'em.

"I took her out"-Rogers Sisters....these guys are from NY and they're not sisters hehe...kinda New Wave....New Wave as in rock you can dance to

"Love love love"-Glass Candy and the Shattered Theatre....this crowd are kind of on a Blondie buzz....enjoyable

"Sound and vision"-The Sea and Cake...this is a cool version of the Bowie song....the rest of the stuff by the band is nice too...real chilled out summer music

"Super sexy razor happy girls"-Mikabomb....Japanese girl-punk band...went to see them live recently and they RAWKED

"El Sol"-Zwan.....Billys Corgan's new band...i quite like this song

"Danger!High Voltage!"-Electric 6...Is this a big hit in the States?....I'm not sure, it is here anywhere....its a great song and amusing to boot

"Olio"-The Rapture....this sounds a lot like early Cure

The Yeah Yeah Yeah's are pretty good from what I heard too. Sorta seventies punk rock, a bit art, a bit raw and the girls got a great voice. "Y control" is pretty good

I heard Hot Hot Heat are meant to be pretty good too although I havent heard anything by 'em

Last edited by JackUzi : 24-04-03 at 03:40 PM.
JackUzi is offline   Reply With Quote