Thread: Cheney
View Single Post
Old 17-11-05, 04:34 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Cheney

rather than actually formulate a coherent policy in Iraq, the administration has chosen instead to stage a chickenhawk eruption, using first the Prez and then Cheney to slam war critics:
Quote:
Vice President Dick Cheney jumped into the fray Wednesday by assailing Democrats who contend the Bush administration manipulated intelligence on Iraq, calling their criticism "one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city."
today, Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., one of Congress' most hawkish Democrats, responded by calling for an immediate withdrawal from Iraq.
Quote:
"It is time for a change in direction...Our military is suffering, the future of our country is at risk. We cannot continue on the present course. It is evident that continued military action in Iraq is not in the best interests of the United States of America, the Iraqi people or the Persian Gulf region."
way to go...uh, John who?
Quote:
First elected to Congress in 1974, Murtha is known as an ally of uniformed officers in the Pentagon and on the battlefield. The perception on Capitol Hill is that when the congressman makes a statement on military issues, he's talking for those in uniform. Known to shun publicity, Murtha said he was standing up because he had a constitutional and moral obligation to speak for the troops.
oh, ok....and the Congressman had special hugs and kisses for Cheney:
Quote:
Murtha, a Marine intelligence officer in Vietnam, angrily shot back at Cheney: "I like guys who've never been there that criticize us who've been there. I like that. I like guys who got five deferments and never been there and send people to war, and then don't like to hear suggestions about what needs to be done."
ouch. he further added:
Quote:
"The war in Iraq is not going as advertised. It is a flawed policy wrapped in illusion"
damn straight - bring 'em home now.

btw, Cheney lecturing anyone on honesty is a bit of a stretch - Congressman Henry Waxman has put together a nice little cheat sheet, documenting 51 distinctly misleading statements from Cheney, and hundreds from other cabal members - check it here.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote