View Single Post
Old 11-02-05, 10:08 AM   #116
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone
Oops. I apologize for my mistake there. I admit I had you confused with span. What a stretch that is, huh.

So maybe you do support gay marriage. Maybe you're gay. I can assure you it wouldn't be possible for me to care any less, but feel free to make a case about how pro-gay you are if you'd like.

I hardly think the point of my post hinged on that argument, but it's certainly convenient for you to act like it did.

What does gay marriage have to do with this thread? Well over half the people in North America are apposed to gay marriage, Republicans, Democrats, and un-decided voters. The constitution defines marriage as being between a Man and Woman. You know how hard it is to get an Amendment to the Constitution? There have been over a 1000 new Amendments brought up since 1776 and I think only 27 have passed. Two examples would be the end of slavery which took a civil war to get changed and giving women the right to vote which took over a 100 years of protests and rallies to pass. There may be an Amendment to the Constitution to allow Gay’s to marry but give it at least another 50 years minimum to happen.