View Single Post
Old 03-03-02, 01:32 PM   #43
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Thanks for the script, but I think I'm going to just drop geocities and have everyone be redirected to angelfire. Geo has drastically reduced their free server features. Also, according to their stats less then 1% of my viewers use browsers older 5.0. I'm sorry for those who still have the older browsers, but geo is really making it a pain for me to update the website with their new restrictions.

Quote:
but it doesn't seem like youve had any bandwidth problems with geocities yet
Geo was going down almost everyday until I added the angelfire mirror site. For the time being I'm going to make another angelfire site as the new mirror. I did try researching some of the banner free ads you gave me a link to, but a lot of them weren't working (signups for new users didn't go through), or had very limited free server features, or didn't exist anymore.

Oh well, problems come with the territory of using free servers. The banner ads aren't as annoying as long as they don't flash. The pop-ups can be eliminated with freeware programs that kills them. I don't know how long it is going to work out at angelfire, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote