Thread: Si se puede!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-08, 07:55 AM   #17
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

you couldn't possibly anymore cynical than i...but where you see only a website, i see an instant and refreshing departure from the previous administration. while there is clearly a marketing angle to the change.gov site, there is a also a very clear agenda laid out, complete with policy goals, transition details, etc - a blueprint, if you will, of where the Obama administration would like to take the country. that is a healthy start, if for no other reason then, since he's not actually president yet, it's all he really can do.

edit: if the Bush administration had put out something similar, we would have all been as appalled up front as we are now, because it would have read something like this: 1) consolidate exectutive power to an unprecedented degree, 2) establish the office of VP as a fourth branch of government, 3) purge all departments for ideological purity 4)expand government powers to include spying on citizens, 5) limit habeas corpus and other Consitutional rights...etc etc ad nauseum.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote