View Single Post
Old 01-09-06, 06:39 PM   #9
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
what makes iran any worse of a bet than pakistan (the country that harbors Ben Laden, with only the heartbeat of Prez Perez standing between the fundamentalists and the nukes), north korea, or china? for that matter, what defines iran as a radical country? i hope it's not because the same guys that sold you iraq are telling you so. and beyond that, exactly what do you think is in the US's power to do about it?

edit: and as for political football, the ruling party in this country has already announced thier intention to make this issue the reason they should be kept in power - if one was cynical, one could suspect that they actually need this issue to do so. political football, indeed.
Flash question for those who believes that Iran is a nuclear threat?

How many percent does it need to have an enriched uranium rod to power a plant versus a nuke? Did everyone forgot their chemistry lessons at school FFS?

I studied nuclear fission, no I don't have a PHD in that matter but enough to make the difference on how much that uranium is enriched and for what purpuse.

SO back to that question, how much percent of enriched uranium does it takes to make a rod and how much does it take to make a nuke?

Beside, the whole world knows that the only country that ever used a nuclear bomb, err actually 2 of them, it's not Iran nor Iraq, it was the US of A.

Drak, I am more afraid of your country capability than what the media claim that it is Iran intention to makes nukes. Afterall, the US does have labs that makes biological weapons even more deadly than what Saddam used against the Kurds... wonder why that is, hell wonder why they even get involved in those research if they don't intend to use it.

I read an interesting interview that Stephen King once gave... One person asked him, what went through your mind for you to write the book "The Stand" Mr. King replied in all honnesty "why not, with all those biological weapons that are being brewed in the United States, it's only a matter of time before one is released by mistake". If I were you, I'd be more worried and scared as to what is happening on your own soil than what might happen if Iran did build a nuke.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote