View Single Post
Old 24-08-02, 12:10 PM   #20
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by jaan
actually, no. altnet results are delivered via separate mechanism (they basically come from altnet server), so they don't really compete with kazaa's results for slots.

also, i seem to remember that there's a hard limit on how many paid results can be added to each search, but i'm not sure.

- jaan
i'll have to defer to you here jaan as i've not yet had any time w/the altnet-kazaa system. still my point stands, if not specifically with your program. for instance i wouldn't want to slog thru pages of ads each time i use a search engine just to get to the info i need, nor would I like seeing 50 returns from britney spears latest brain numbing, soul crushing neo-hippie sugar smack when i'm looking for say "60's psychedelia" with my (previously) favorite p2p.

sure, potentially a great promotional tool but potentially counter productive, even destructive as well. it should be done with utmost care and/or it should be optional. the risk here of alienating content providing users is very high. as always, it's in the details.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote