View Single Post
Old 03-10-06, 09:41 PM   #11
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

boy, the GOP leadership is just not handling this well at all - the Foley Five: Congressmen Denny Hastert, John Boehner, Tom Reynolds, John Shimkus and Rodney Alexander...tripping all over each other, contradicting stories, all kinds of excuses (i didn't know, i told him, i thought somebody eise was handling it, nobody told me, the Democrats are behind this etc etc).

a lot of people can't be bothered to keep the Abramoff case straight or don't really wanna know what a fiasco iraq is or how we got suckered into it..but everybody gets this Foley thing. there's no spinning your way out of covering for a sexual predator.

most of these guys are gonna have to fall on their swords to salvage any hope at all for the GOP for the foreseeable future...otherwise, they're just radioactive and so is anyone who gets near them.

meanwhile, over in the Senate, Republican Majority Leader Bill Frist surrenders to the Taliban:
Quote:
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said Monday that the Afghan war against Taliban guerrillas can never be won militarily and urged support for efforts to bring "people who call themselves Taliban" and their allies into the government.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote