View Single Post
Old 29-03-07, 11:45 AM   #1
Sinner
--------------------

Default Senate passes war deadline bill

So the Democrats have gotten their timeline for withdrawal out of Iraq. Congrats.

I want to look at some past quotes from Democrats about setting a timeline. - Just a few for now.

In May 2005, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said this: "As far as setting a timeline, as we learned in the Balkans, that`s not a wise decision, because it only empowers those who don`t want us there. It doesn`t work well to do that."

In June 2005, Senator Joe Biden said, "A deadline for pulling out will only encourage our enemies to wait us out."

Then in September of 2005, Hillary Clinton was emphatic: "I don`t believe it`s smart to set a date for withdrawal. I don`t think you should ever telegraph your intentions to the enemy so they can await you."

Wow, I could not agree more, thank you, and Yes setting a timeline only helps the enemy. So I have to ask – Who’s side is the Senate on? The only person who can save this from happening is the President. For the sake of the troops and the countries of America and Iraq he must veto what these weasels in the Senate are trying to do. As they said – it empowers the enemy.

If America leaves Iraq we will have another Darfur situation. The whiners in the other threads complaining about gas prices need to get a grip. Do you really believe that if the Democrats take office in 08 gas prices will drop? I can tell you this, if America leaves Iraq it only makes the region far more volatile and that will increase gas prices to new highs. Anyways that is a different subject.

Mr. President for the sake of your country, Veto this now.