View Single Post
Old 28-02-07, 05:31 AM   #32
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
I don't want to leave the next generations a fucked up world because I couldn't make a few simple changes to my personal lifestyle.
You gonna quit breathing? Yeah you're contributing to the buildup of CO2 every time you exhale you selfish hypocrite.

As for me, I don't think it's bad to have a warmer planet. But notice how the alarmists have lately tried to replace the term "global warming" with "climate change" in order to manipulate people who think that way.

There's a long history of petty power seekers using excuses like global warming to get themselves the power they crave. The Kyoto Treaty would have had an insignificant affect on global warming but they take every opportunity to use it against their political opponents.

Nuclear power could have reduce the possibility of global warming significantly along with a lot of pollution if petty politicians hadn't used opposition to it as a stepping stone to power.

More recently the blocking of new oil field development has not only increased the price of oil but also the use of coal with its much greater environmental impact.

In short, the more the power hungry rabble rousers meddle in the natural course of economics the worse they make the world. And they've got a lot of meddling planned for global warming.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote