View Single Post
Old 27-12-06, 02:20 AM   #6
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Not much difference there is there?
Obviously, to you there is no difference.

To me, there is a huge difference.

President Bush is not a follower of Islam, and is therefor not following a "holy book" (the Qur'an) that contains instructions to kill everyone who is not Islam and will not convert to Islam.

You can go to http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ and read what the Qur’an says. The verse I reference as "join us or die" is in chapter nine, verse five (009.005). Chapter nine begins here http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/009.qmt.html .

Let's consider the statement "either you are with us or against us when 9/11 happened". Actually, I think it is quite a fair assessment. By now the people that read this board know where both of us stand in that area.

Sorry, but to me "either you are with us or against us when 9/11 happened" is not even closely related to
Quote:
Qur'an 009.005 (YUSUFALI):
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
As for the media (not) calling the situation in Iraq a “civil war”, I’m not sure why using that phrase is so important. Whatever label it is given does not change what is going on.

If I google the keywords “iraq civil war” I get a number of sites (including BBC, CBS) that used the term “civil war” regarding Iraq dating back years ago.

Blaming the current U.S. President for hostilities between religious factions in Iraq is ridiculous. The hostilities or “civil war” between the Kurds/Shiites/Sunnis has been going on long before President Bush (Sr. or Jr.) took office.

Islam’s game plan has not changed over the centuries. The Pope quoted 14th century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus, who wrote that everything Mohammad brought was evil and inhuman, "such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

As usual, you conveniently sidestepped the issue of discussion (Iraq death toll numbers) with a diversion to another subject likely to cause debate.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote