View Single Post
Old 28-01-02, 01:01 AM   #31
schmooky007
hi

Arrow

after asking around (mainly asking people who HAVE actually installed musicmatch as there is absolutely no way i'll be installing it on my system) i found that musicmatch's ripping program does_not_have any kind of error correction. musicmatch calls it "error correction" but in fact its nothing but a fancy name for a function that all it does is reduce the speed of the extraction

the real difference that separates EAC from all the other rippers like musicmatch, audiograbber, audiocatalyst, etc. has to do with the fact that none of these programs have any kind error correction routine. all they do is just rip the data as it is. they do not check sectors to see that the data match, they do not report what types of sync error occur or even when and where they occur. while EAC will do error correction and give you a detailed report of where errors might have occurred, musicmatch does none of that

the only two ripping programs actually have jitter correction as a part of their routine are EAC (for windows) and CD paranoia (for linux). the ripper/encoder combo "Cdex" also has some kind of jitter correction code though rumours have it that it is not as precise as the error correction you get in "secure mode" with EAC

Last edited by schmooky007 : 28-01-02 at 06:23 PM.
schmooky007 is offline   Reply With Quote