View Single Post
Old 24-12-06, 03:20 PM   #38
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts View Post
taking the elton john concert as an example since you've listened to it, i would have to break it down and trim every song. depending on the sophistication of the ripper those huge inter-song gaps may have to be removed if they weren't ignored. since several of his songs ran together as one seamless peice (like that burn down the mission-shotun-give peace a chance-higher set) any gaps ruin the show.

to eliminate them i'd open the wav files in goldwave and proceed accordingly. when done i'd burn to cd or down-convert to mp3 (or ogg etc) and save. if they're already mp3s there are mp3 editors that eliminate re-converting to wav and back (goldwave is a wav editor).

this way it's simple to play any song without having to search a huge file, and they flow as intended.

- js.
yup, i figured there wasn't any easy way - i was hoping for something that might detect that 2 second break in the stream between songs and create a new file for each song. (the way StreamRipper does for web radio...and there still might be something like that in Total Rec that i haven't found).

for the time, i convert the whole thing to mp3 via Blade, and then use MP3 Trim to just trim and save each file.

btw, if you're an 80's type swooning geezer like me, i highly recommend Duran Duran at the Hammersmith Odeon - good playlist, great quality
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote