View Single Post
Old 23-12-06, 11:38 AM   #31
JackSpratts

maybe the easiest for now is to output your audio to the input of another pc and proceed from there. digitally preferably (fiber optic i/o) but analog if need be. i've been doing some more taping via the video recorder and it sounds just like the stream. i'm sure the sound quality will be as good and you'll have the added benefit of having it on your harddrive where you can do your edits etc (those gaps need to be trimmed for instance).

i wouldn't be surprised if many of these concerts exist on file-sharing networks already. as a matter of fact a private tracker is throwing a free holiday party this week so i picked up a couple of external hard drives just for the occasion and immediately found elton john's filmore concert @256. it hasn't finished yet so i have no idea how it sounds - but this particular tracker is infamous for enforcing its quality policy and i'd be surprised if it wasn't first rate (for lossy anyway).

one other thing i've found is that this stream can often stop, ruining any recording, so i really have to listen as i tape unless i like surprises. if that's not practical, like during overnight ripping you can still record automatically and get a good copy if you remember to inspect the browser before closing because if the stream does stop it'll show precisely where in the player window. now that's a feature lol! it's not a big deal to then rewind to the last gap before the interuption and restart, but i've had to re-record 2, 3 or more times before i got a full stream.

this would apply to any type of capture, even a direct streamrip.

- js.

edit: just saw goldie's post. nice going!
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote