Thread: Simulating P2P
View Single Post
Old 25-10-01, 04:41 AM   #8
gazdet
.- -.. -- .. -.

Default Re: Simulating P2P

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl
The simulation-related work I have done so far has been very inspiring, providing me with a flow of fresh ideas about p2p networks and possible client features. Just to give you an example: to enhance the viewing of networks I built a simple 3D engine to allow 'flying' through the peer space and looking at it from different angles. When using the system for the first time I noticed immediately how wonderful the experience of flying in the peer space was. Once the peer space becomes a place to move in and around the present p2p way of searching for content and other peers with textual strings starts to feel old-fashioned and uninteresting. Why not to combine the thrill of virtual environments that we already love and enjoy in games to the p2p experience! You can easily imagine what exciting new possibilities this would open up for sharing, searching and socializing in a p2p environment...

- tg
Outstanding work Tankgirl

This is an inspiring and innovative concept tg, we appreciate you have worked very hard developing an application that would benefit us all, we look forward to some interesting times ahead!

well done!
gazdet is offline   Reply With Quote