View Single Post
Old 11-04-04, 09:29 PM   #44
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramona_A_Stone
And hello albed, I got all nostalgic seeing you here. You might be happy to know you are the author of a comment that had a profound effect on me, something I still think of from time to time and may never forget.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll guess 15 days and about 50 allied fatalities before its over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...threadid=15761
Quote:
....war is dirty and fucked up. I knew this before the war started, even though many people tried to assure me it'd be over in a week and amount to 50 casualties.
And of all those many people you only remembered me....

Quote:
It's incredibly ironic to label insurgents as "freedom hating" while we are occupying their country.
Of course they're no longer free to murder their countrymen over petty differences. How unjust.

Quote:
No one can say with any sense of certainty how long Americans in Iraq might be targets, but I'll be willing to bet it will be right up to the moment the last soldier comes home and beyond. (And anyone currently reading this is probably naive to think such a time will ever come in their lifetime.)
Ooh, count me as naive. I'll think of this from time to time and may never forget.

Quote:
If you look honestly at the broader history of war, it's a far filthier and more futile feeling it ultimately creates in all parties than the cut-and-dry adrenalized save-the-world propostion which usually motivates the well-intentioned advocate, and generations seem to need to learn this over and over again.
While they forget over and over again the genocides in Iraq, Rwanda, Cambodia, Nazi Europe, etc. where world leaders wouldn't send in their militaries and were accused of not caring to save-the-world.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote