View Single Post
Old 19-11-04, 06:46 PM   #26
gregorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
It is easy for you and others sitting in their nice warm chair drinking coffee to call a Young American soldier whos life is at risk every second of the day a War Criminal.
I'd like to see you stand up and say the same for a young German member of the SS. It doesn't matter whether they are young, or whether they are not happy being where they are and that every other Iraqi would happily cut their throats if he had the chance. Killing injured enemy soldiers or leaving them to die is a war crime. The Iraqis, frankly, are committing war crimes too, but first they are not an organized army and they don't have the means to fight the Americans out in the open, so the same standards do not apply to them. If it weren't for the civilian casualties, I'd be happy to see both the Iraqi guerillas and the American soldiers killing each other, until noone was left. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

Quote:
It is a War, and it seems the terrorist there are doing most of the killing when it comes to the innocents. Grow up hating Americans? Just like in Japan you mean? Nope that never happened, or maybe Germany...hhhmmm nope, How about South Korea.....no again. Well I am sure some did but it never started another War.
First, both the Iraqi interim government and the U.S. occupying forces are quick at covering up collateral damage that was caused by their side, second there are independent sources that claim there were thousands of civilian deaths in Fallujah.

And for the record, Germans don't particularly like Americans - or why do you thing our chancellor Gerhard "America can kiss mine and Jacque's asses" Schroeder won the last election? Ever since George Bush became president, anti-Americanism became really en-vogue in most of Europe. I don't think the Japanese can stand you very much either, - but then again the Japanese can't really stand anyone except for the Japanese.

The difference between Iraq and Germany in 1945 is that it was pretty undeniable that the Germans had been the bad guys, we started the war, we "solved" the Jew problem and all our neighbours hated us, - even the Austrians because *they* never had any part in anything. Iraq on the other hand didn't start the war. The other Arab countries, the Europeans and most of the world media is telling them, that they are the victims. And if you read the press here or elsewhere, you will read about the American crimes against Iraq and you will read that Al-Sarkawi beheaded half a dozen Iraqi soldiers and that it is all America's fault. The Iraqis are going to hate you, the rest of the world will make sure of that.
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote