View Single Post
Old 01-11-05, 02:21 PM   #101
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
since the prez only appears in carefully scripted stage events and manufactured photo opportunites, with fake props and prepped, prescreened audiences, one could conclude George W. Bush really doesn't exist at all - he's just a production of the GOP's rather stale imagination.
In modern times, a U.S. President NEVER makes a public appearance without every step of the way being carefully planned. The primary reason is to protect the President. A secondary reason is to project the President (and the government) in a positive image to the people. The same thing applies to press conferences. Every administration does all of the above, yet it’s only evil if the current Republican administration does it.

At least Bush doesn’t hold up air traffic over a major airport for over one hour so he can get a haircut on Air Force One while it’s sitting on the tarmac. Slick Willy the cigar bearer did that.

Props as used in context it means a portable object used on the scene of a play or film. Props are commonly a look-alike of real objects, or are a simulationl of an object that does not actually exist. As such props by nature are “fake”. Therefore, a “fake prop” must refer to the real thing.

The statement “one could conclude George W. Bush really doesn't exist at all - he's just a production of the GOP's rather stale imagination” is interesting and revealing. It clearly reveals that the criticism levied against the President and his staff is motivated by political agendas, not by the quest for truth, justice, or responsibility and integrity in government.

Well, “as this indictment continues to get parsed” what doesn’t appear is an indictment for leaking the identity of the CIA operative to the public. As I understand it, that is what (supposedly) is under investigation. Now that Libby didn’t say what they wanted to hear, they just want to throw up their hands and say “Libby lied so we can’t figure it out”. The investigation is a sham.

Because the “investigation” was steered for political ends, the grand jury term will expire without discovering who uncovered the identity of the CIA operative. Justice and the interests of the people of the United States has not been served.

All they have to show on Libby is an indictment for “perjury, obstruction of justice, and false statements” - multiple ways to say they think he lied. This will only result in conviction if it can be proved that Libby knowingly and willingly testified falsely. Proving the accusations is going to be substantially more difficult than making them.

Remember the grand jury testimony of William Jefferson Clinton? I have a video tape of it. Over four hours of nearly continuous lies. His landmark statement “I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky” proven to be false with scientifically based (pardon the pun) hard evidence. He didn’t get indicted. I guess we have to modify the rule of law stated above to “The rule of law is only something Democrats apply to Republican presidents”.

Oh well, no big deal - liberals should have no difficulty picking another “talking point” and coming up with more rumors and more obscure, meaningless “facts”.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote