View Single Post
Old 22-06-05, 03:01 PM   #16
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I like how you ignore the big picture and focus on the little things, pick one or two lines out of paragraphs and twist them to fit your little little world.

So where does it say the media is completely at fault? I don't see it.

your new friend montie sees it that way (although "completely" was your addition). still, he goes on about it at lenght:

Quote:
The biggest factors are the highly publicized perceived persecution of service members for honest mistakes in the heat of combat, mistakes that recruit candidates can identify with. Also, the constant negative press about what’s going on over there is starting to affect morale, and many young people are in contact with friends and relatives who are serving at this time and telling them that the news coverage has it wrong.

The typical recruit wants to be thought of as a hero not something on the order of a criminal. The hype that the media and the left have pursued over alleged torture of books (?) and our consequent kid glove (literally) handling of prisoners and their BELONGINGS certainly has had an impact.

The media and the left in this country are still stuck in the midset of Vietnam, where they pulled off what amounted an off battlefield defeat of the United States military. For some reason they seem obsessed with trying to acheive that goal again, and if they are allowed to continue with the same intensity that they are currently exhibiting, they just might accomplish that goal.
but why recruitment is declining is irrelevant, for the purposes of this particular thread. we all know it's down - the question is: what are the assorted Bush apologists doing about it?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote