View Single Post
Old 21-06-05, 01:11 PM   #10
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Nice, and I agree 100%.

Again well said, but he will not understand it. Some people rise up when their country calls on them and some run to Canada or defect to North Korea. One person is not better then the other, just different.

This - only people who are or have been to Iraq to fight should support this administration’s decision to go into Iraq is garbage. I believe 52,000,000 plus people voted for Bush the last election.
well, Mazer drifted well off my point, and Sinner got it completely backward - let's try and simplify this, shall we?

after 3 years in Iraq, recruitment is down 40%, soldiers are not re-enlisting, and attrition is high. the army is stretched thin and desperately needs people, period. so, isn't it time that those people who believe in this mission, those who are young and able-bodied, those who think it is a good and righteous war - isn't it time for those people to step up to the plate and enlist? and if not, why not? isn't freeing the Iraqi people worth the sacrifice? and if it's not worth it for you, why should it be worth for anyone else?

isn't it interesting that the president, who can focus on a Social Security problem 40 years out, hasn't spoken a word to encourage enlistment to help a problem that is happening right now, for a war he started? and all the war preachers, the Limbaughs and the Hannitys, never urge their faithful to enlist? could it be because Iraq is a one-way ticket to hell for no apparent reason and, and deep down, everybody knows it?

These War Preachers, Politicians, War Pundits, and 101st Fighting Keyboarders -- they like to talk a tough game, but they don't have the balls to tell their readers, viewers, and supporters to head down to their local recruitment office - and they certainly don't have the balls to enlist themselves.

Mazer, i'm not questioning your reasons for supporting this war or your reasons for staying home - i'm questioning your reasons for supporting this war and staying home. now, it's a rhetorical question and certainly none of my business whatsoever - but that doesn't make the question any less valid.
Attached Images

theknife is offline   Reply With Quote