View Single Post
Old 19-06-05, 01:07 PM   #1
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default A Generational Committment To Iraq

Condi Rice, on Fox News this morning:

Quote:
And so the administration, I think, has said to the American people that it is a generational commitment to Iraq. But it is not a generational commitment in military terms; it is a commitment of our support to them, our political support and an understanding that democracy takes time.
a generation is roughly 25 years. now, i was listening pretty carefully during the marketing of the war and thereafter and i'm pretty sure i didn't hear anybody in the administration say "oh, by the way, this whole Iraq thing is going to take 25 years or so"...anybody else hear this?

no, i heard stuff like this:

Quote:
[M]y belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly. . . (in) weeks rather than months - Dick Cheney, 3/16/03
and this:

Quote:
It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months... - Donald Rumsfeld - 2/7/03
and this:

Quote:
The United States is committed to helping Iraq recover from the conflict, but Iraq will not require sustained aid… - Budget Director Mitch Daniel, 3/28/03
no, Condi, the administration actually never said anything like this because if they had, nobody would swallowed all the rest of the shit you shoveled.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote