Thread: Morpheus 1.3.1
View Single Post
Old 15-08-01, 11:30 PM   #13
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by Trippynet
Funny really. whilst I suffer extreme memory leaks with Morpheus 1.3, I do still use it over KaZaA, but ONLY for Music Videos. All my MP3s are 192K quality and Audiogalaxy has a much wider range of music than KaZaA/Morpheus. Alternatively, I sometimes use WinMX for audio as well.

Basically, limiting to 128K Audio, whatever their reasons, is a very silly thing to do because there are a surprisingly large number of people these days that own decent soundcards and run them through decent speakers or, like me, hifis, and who can easily tell the difference between a 128K MP3 and a 160K or 192K MP3. It bothers me as I am a bit of a quality freak and therefore, KaZaA/Morpheus will never dominate until this is removed.

Personally, I want Morpheus to do what WinMX have done. WinMX had the OpenNap problem, so they resolved it by making a new protocol which is now incredibly powerful. I will look forward to the day when MusicCity ditch KaZaA technology and move over to something more controllable and more stable.

as I have said before, the only thing that keeps KaZaA/Morpheus afloat, is the huge user base, and the multi-source downloading.

Dave!!
trippy, that's not a limit, it's a bug that most users don't have. for those like you that do the reg fix is simple and posted. it involves changing a 1 back to a 0 which is the way it should have loaded. when done the limit is gone.

- js.