Thread: Morpheus 1.3.1
View Single Post
Old 13-08-01, 01:19 AM   #2
JackSpratts

Default Re: Morpheus 1.3.1

Quote:
Originally posted by Yeah-I-Did-It
I understand that Morpheus 1.3.1 has been released while the Musiccity page still lists it as 1.3 Cnet lists it as 1.3.1 does this include all the spyware that Kazaa 1.3.1 has?? Has anyone tried it yet?
the latest version of morppheus has been out for about a month. the official title is 1.3, but musiccity's always been a bit lax about their own numbers. if they released an interim update they haven't said anything and they'd usually shout so i don't think there's been one but if there has the changes were subtle. in any event, this version won't be replaced for another two months, at which point it'll be a whole new client.

as for spyware, there is none on morpheus. on kazaa yes and lots of it, but not on morpheus.

fasttrack, the low lands company that developed the engine calls thier own retail version kazaa. fasttrack also licenses the engine to anyone who wants to pay for it. how you market it is up to you. two companies have taken it so far. more are expected. musiccity is one. they call thiers morpheus and they distribute it with ads but no spyware. they seem to be genuinely against even the idea of spyware. it's certainly safe right now.

as for its' operation, if it works on your system it may be the best p2p out there (some people can't get it to connect or experience ram leaks). but at the very least it's tied for first.

- js.