View Single Post
Old 28-03-02, 08:41 AM   #29
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Feedback?

Interesting to read all your comments folks, thanks JS for taking on the role of connect advisor?

I've left commenting until now, inparticular those questions about running servers, quite simply because I am only running with one candle myself at the moment, when there are a few more on the cake, I may be able to see what to do a little clearer.

Your comment (JS) about zillions of files and can't D/L a browse, is interesting, please do some checks with others on the server will you, see if you can get a complete browse with a number that is equal (or nearly) to the Whois shared figure.

Please do NOT try it from me, a direct browse that is, as it seems to cause a soft crash here, not to me or my WinMx 3.0 but to your connection?

This was reported by another, and found in my remote tests too, however me browsing another user with 500 odd files gave a complete list, yet when I browse my own from the remote port I get bombed out at 89-91 files, and resource indicators show an overload?

I suspect running the DNS2GO client, the OpenNap (DOS based) server, and WinMx 3.0, plus other stuff and the obligatory Memory watcher (4.1) to keep the mem gobbling winMx and Gates monstrosity, in check, are all taking their toll on things.

If anyone can do tests, those with 1000 plus files, see if you can browse each others complete lists, I would value your feedback.

May I suggest you name a dummy song as your_user.MP3 so that we may find you on the server, as whois seems to need to actually have some key to connect to?

This PC is a lowely 233MMX perfectly OK of most things, I just wonder if perhaps I've found its limits?

Snark.
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote