View Single Post
Old 02-02-05, 08:02 PM   #97
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Oops. I apologize for my mistake there. I admit I had you confused with span. What a stretch that is, huh.

So maybe you do support gay marriage. Maybe you're gay. I can assure you it wouldn't be possible for me to care any less, but feel free to make a case about how pro-gay you are if you'd like.

I hardly think the point of my post hinged on that argument, but it's certainly convenient for you to act like it did.

Quote:
The fact that people like you have equal rights with intelligent, honest, and mentally healthy citizens is the reason democracy is going to have to change.
Can you define that change for us? What do you mean by have to change? Does that mean someone will enforce that change? Will this entail new laws? How many new laws? Who gets to decide how democracy is going to change? Also, what do you mean by "intelligent" and how do you define it? What do you mean by "honest" and judged by what criteria? What does "mentally healthy" mean? What behaviors are excluded from this category? Who is going to decide what is excluded? You? Some other authority on mental health? Who is the authority on mental health?

Perhaps you don't mean to exclude anyone, perhaps you mean that democracy will have to change to protect itself from all the ignorant, uncritical little moronic parrots. What form will that take? Will Belle still be allowed to express her opinions? ...Will she still be able to procreate? ...Will we have to send her to a special school?

Maybe by "democracy is going to have to change" you mean that it will ultimately just deteriorate because ignorant liars and crazy people (like Belle and I) are allowed to participate in it. If this is the case I guess democracy itself must just be a big misconception to begin with.

Most importantly, what is it ultimately going to have to change into?

This is a great opportunity for you to prove to us all how well you can reason as well as dazzle us with your understanding about what form this eminent revolution will take.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote