View Single Post
Old 26-03-02, 08:05 PM   #1
Fantom
Down like a clown Charlie Br.. Down like a clown Charlie Br..

Default Full albums with AlbumWrap

Lately my interest has switched from single tracks to downloading full albums.

I checked out the Album Downloader 1.0 for AudioGalaxy. It looks useful, but from what I can see it gets the mp3s from different sources, and then sorts them into a folder so you eventually have the full album.

The downside is that you end up with mp3s that have been ripped by different programs, at different volumes etc, even if they are the same bitrate. Still, it's useful to have it all sorted automatically.

Lately I've been downloading 'Albumwrap' albums, and I've been so pleased with the results that some shameless promotion seems appropriate

They are similar to mp3s that have been zipped, but the Albumwrap application allows you to still provide embedded information such as bit rate and album length in searches and downloads. I've found that the mp3s are often ripped by IRC encoding groups (KSI, EGO, RNS etc) and since they're all ripped together, they don't need to be normalised.

Try a search of any p2p prog, search for: albw or albumwrap. There are many full albums being shared in this way. The albumwrap extractor is freeware: http://www.infamus.com/albumwrap/extractor.html

The wrapper is crackable shareware.

-Tom
Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote