Thread: GOP Lite
View Single Post
Old 25-02-04, 02:30 PM   #10
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinner
Seems the Democrats are the ones saying, as you put it...Drop Dead!.....
i see we're still obsessed with clinton. well ok, a lot can happen in a few years time. consider the supreme court and their reversal of the bowers v. hardwick anti-sodomy laws (don't you love the names?) yes, clinton was wrong when he signed the cynically named defense of marriage act, but at least it didn't change the constitution. the people, thru their reps, can choose the judges they want, like the right is attempting to do now for the anti-choice and religious theocracy wings of the party. but when it's written into the constitution it can take 200 years to fix, if ever. the difference between a bill and a constitutional amendment is the difference between a tactical and a strategic weapon. one does short term localized damage, one does continuing global damage. bush's "vision" will codify bias against tens of millions of monogamous americans for untold generations, something i'm sure he's considered. clinton's might've lasted an election cycle or two, until the country was more accepting, and that’s something i know he knew.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote