Thread: GOP Lite
View Single Post
Old 25-02-04, 01:32 AM   #7
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Quote:
Originally posted by scooobiedooobie
president bush appointed homosexual activist..scott evertz, to the office of national aids policy... ...transferred evertz to direct u.s. policy on global funding for aids, and appointed another homosexual activist to take over as the new director... ...he appointed homosexual donald capoccia to the u.s. commission of fine arts... ...appointed many openly gay republicans to the president’s advisory council on hiv/aids.

Quote:
he has stated that a person’s sexual orientation is irrelevant as long as he/she has the job qualifications for a position.
Other than the Arms Control Advisor, I find the shoehorning of gay politicians into stereotypical roles to be pretty sad. The examples you give seem to suggest that those politicians were best suited to... hmmm, let me see... oh yes, AIDS and Fine Art. Not that those areas are ever ignorantly seen as issues more for the 'gay domain' than for the rest of us... and not that their sexuality had anything to do with what they're percieved as being qualified for! Nope... By Bush's own statement that you quote... there's no link whatsoever between a person's sexuality, the jobs that they're appointed to, (and what will be roughly accepted by the mob). No link whatsoever.

If Bush is working on stereotypes, it makes me wonder what Romania did to piss him off so much! (JOKE...)

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote