View Single Post
Old 17-08-04, 09:31 PM   #3
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Sorry Repo, I'm not scared of terrorists. Maybe you think I should be but I actually feel quite safe here in the USA, and among others I have the current administration to thank. You can go on worrying everyday that the sky might fall, but that's no way to live is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo
As for the Iraq war, it surely could have been more effective, thoughtful and strategic. Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld rushed into a war with weak information, no exit strategy and far too little troops. They acted tough on a go it alone plan with a coalition made up of token countries that now bleeds American blood.
I think by contrast to previous wars you will find that this one was the most careful, least bloody war we have engaged in. Civilian casualties were minimal and American soldier deaths were far below the administration's projections. Nobody can go into a war and come out clean, but this time around we made our best possible effort to do so in our two and a quarter centuries' history of warfare, showing more compassion to our enemies than any conquering army has ever done throughout history, and having achieved a level of training and planning that no other military force on Earth is capable of equalling. If you can point to an example of a better war, fought by us or any other country, then I'm open to your ideas. Failing that, tell us about the strategies you would have used instead if you had been in charge of the invasion. I'd love to know why you think the war was undermanned and poorly planned.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote