View Single Post
Old 18-10-04, 11:29 PM   #3
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
whatever happens no one will ever hold the court in anything like the esteem it earned in years past. a handfull of activist judges wrecked a painstakingly constructed institution unmatched by any court in the world, they did so for purely partisan politics, and for that they should be drawn and quartered.
Though I'm glad the Supreme Court put a stop to the attempted theift of the election by Gore and his cronies, I must admit that I am very disappointed by the court's wresting of power from the hands of the people. They have been guilty not only of bench legislation over the years but also of encouraging lower courts to do the same. In many ways they have meddled with the fundamental values of this nation without our consent, making sweeping decisions that have made serious changes to our society. It's happened so slowly over the past two centuries that we've hardly noticed how much different we are as a people because of their annual proclamations. And they're wholly unwilling to undo these changes, relying on precedent in place of conscience. It's time Congress impeached the lot of them so the President can make a fresh start with new appointees who won't pretend they're above the fray and immune to scrutiny.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote