Thread: Bushonomics
View Single Post
Old 10-08-04, 10:58 AM   #6
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydirt
not according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Jack

http://www.uschamber.com/press/relea...arch/04-37.htm
they said the same thing about clinton's economic policy, the one the republicans said would destroy the economy, the one the republicans voted against, the one the democrats passed, the one in other words that led to the greatest economic expansion in modern us history. the chamber of commerce has a solid record of being on the wrong side of economic policy-making going back to the 70's. they're pretty good sometimes with local stuff, but nationally they're over thier heads.

how many remember ford's idiotic "win" buttons he wanted us to wear, the ones that were supposed to mean "whip inflation now" but that wags turned upside down to say "no immediate miracles" lol?

seriously tho i don't know of any small business's with large overseas operations but i guess that depends on how you define small business anyway. i'm looking at owner-operator types, like gas stations, music stores, mom and pop contractors, that sort of thing. the ones being targetted by the latest republican fud campaigns.

it's like the estate tax scare of a few years ago. it doesn't even kick in until what, a million plus i think but the republicans renamed it the death tax and shocked really small farmers with stories of poor famillies being forced into bankruptcy when gramps kicked the bucket. when asked for specific examples of any farm famillies so endangered...they couldn't come up with a single one. it hadn't happened - they made it all up.

- js.
JackSpratts is online now   Reply With Quote