View Single Post
Old 08-06-08, 11:47 AM   #53
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Quote:
how much money and freedom candidates intend to take away from me and my fellow citizens
10 billion dollars a month on a war we should never have started, 'Patriot' Act 1 and 2, electronic and cyber-surveillance of the American population. These are all things Bush instigated and McBush supports. These are what are being taken from you now and will continue to be taken from you should McBush reach the White House.

Quote:
uphold the principles that support a free and fair society
Appointing judges with increasingly right-wing ideals who will overturn Roe and remove a woman's choice on reproductive rights including further limiting sex education and contraception availability (funny how the Republicans mock the under-classes for having too many kids then limit their access to programs which would stop the same, all in the name of 'God' and 'morals which they don't themselves adhere to). Bailing out banks while leaving the homeowners those same banks fleeced to fend for themselves. Giving tax cuts to the rich and to corporations which already have record breaking profits. Limiting the rights and freedoms of the American people while saying it's in their best interest. You know who else limits the rights and freedoms of their people? China, Russia, Cuba and every government in the Middle-east. But are those not our 'enemies'??

Quote:
their basic charactor
Which character? The character who attempted to break from the Republican ideal and forge ahead, or the character who is swiftly moving to the right because he's worried about his 'base'? What's character in someone who changes what they do and say based on the wind of the moment? Pandering should never be confused with character, though maybe caricature.

Quote:
Obama has strong leftest ideals which means he thinks government should compel people to do what the rulers want instead of respecting what individuals want and that it should confiscate wealth and property for its own use instead of leaving it to those who fairly acquire it.
Oh aye? I hear he's Muslim too and that he will be sworn in on the Qur'an! Really, how do you see Obama 'confiscating wealth and property'. This has to be one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen. Next you'll be calling him a Communist. If you don't support a candidate then fair enough, but why bother making up crap to slander him with? If he has actual policies which you disagree with then state them and show me how your candidate would do things better. When you make up crap you're just showing that you don't have legitimate concerns and are supporting your party, not what your party is doing or has done in the past.

Quote:
But what motivates a lot of voters is that Obama is young, cool and hip while McCain is old and stodgy. They lack the interest or intelligence to learn more and that's how they'll decide who to vote for.
Not all all. How about Obama talks of change while McBush talks of more of the same. That Obama sees that the American public doesn't want more of the same and needs someone to lead them in a new direction. You say the people lack interest, and yet they are coming out and supporting Obama in record numbers and in new and meaningful ways. You say they lack intelligence, then you spout the lies and innuendo the GOP serves you without checking if it has even the slightest basis in fact.

Quote:
The problem as I see it is with people like you voting.
Without a doubt that is a problem for you and those you so adore and will follow blindly to any bitter end. people like me who study the facts and ignore the innuendo. People like me who see past the derisiveness to the issues and know those issues will effect not just me and mine, but the entire world. People like me who don't like that those who run McBush's campaign are also lobbyists for those who's interests are not my interests, who fortunes are at my expense, and who's laws are based in self-interest and not what is best for the nation.

You have no idea what interests me in politics and you'd like to label me a 'leftist crazy' without ever asking me my opinions and views. Without knowing who and what I have supported in the past and look for in a future.

Well, you're right: we are your worst nightmare and the GOP is finished in congress and in the White House. Changes are coming and I only hope YOU have the intelligence to see when it benefits you and your family and friends.

Face it, the Bush administration has moved the nation closer to a theology and made it more like those who we say are fighting against our 'way of life'.

Š

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat

Last edited by Šiego : 08-06-08 at 12:00 PM.
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote