View Single Post
Old 11-03-04, 03:35 AM   #2
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Default Re: I know I was opposed to the idea of a topical forum for Politics...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer
...But given the types of discussions that have taken place here I am glad they don't polute the general forum anymore. We're on the radar now, since the forum is visible to all the web crawlers and snoops on the net now, so I guess we'll see if it was such a good idea a while from now.
Too true. The standard of arguments if fucking crap. Exactly as was predicted, the 'regulars' population of the board wasn't big enough to support divisions of topic. We've ended up with a handful of regular contributors laying into each other with no real discussion of substance - just a right-wing-left-wing slanging match.

Sure it always used to get personal when we had a single forum and the left/right divide had a strong effect, but the influence of other 'irregular' political contributors diluted the vitriol and predictability, opening up different avenues of thought. Like I said at the time - this was the site's best selling-point, it's uniqueness.

This is why I now make little effort with my posts - no doubt a bonus for many - and I started using other forums for a better quality of debate/read. Shame really, Napsterites sells itself short.

--TM

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote