View Single Post
Old 23-01-02, 02:20 PM   #10
multi
Thanks for being with arse

CHEERS to jack
yeah i dont like when people swear in UCASE
is usually off tap ....and unnessecery 4 a forum
or for a chat room 4 th@ matter

we must remember jack is master threadstarter !
ah ha i get the XPBuzz2k connection thx 4 telling me
i later told indy when he woke up
heres 1 of my favorites
for cutting the crap..........

thx 2 whois th@posted this

like the idea of regrouping some of the old SC4um© posters in a relaxed a n d comfortable atmosphere
-multi
To view ads over the web, your browser needs to retrieve them from the ad server; to do that, it needs to find the ad server. If you can stop that from happening, you don't see the ad, and your precious bandwidth is not wasted.
How can I do that, you ask? Simple. Create a text file c:\windows\hosts (or wherever you have Windows installed), and put a line in it telling your computer that the ads are stored on *itself*. Your computer's internal address is "127.0.0.1"; put this at the start of the line. You can get the addresses of ads by right-clicking, selecting "Copy Shortcut", and pasting it into notepad (you only want the part between "http://"; and the next "/"); put these after it. Windows looks at this file before it looks things up on the internet; if you try to access a server you've "blacklisted," let's say ads.musiccity.com, your computer will try to log on to itself, fail, and say something like "Action canceled."

A good start for this file is shown below. Try this, it really works and you have nothing to lose. Tell your friends.

127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net mediaserv.247media.com media.fastclick.net servedby.advertising.com www.copernic.com ad.musicmatch.com connect.247media.ads.link4ads.com ads.musiccity.com ads.servethis.com www.directvdsl.com

-kewlies
lingo slang and tomfoolery:

MORPHIA

-multi

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 23-01-02 at 04:09 PM.
multi is offline   Reply With Quote